2013 Meeting Schedule for Planning Commission and City Council.
Alpine City Events
City Council Meeting 7:00pm @ City Hall
Planning Commission Meeting 7pm @ City Hall
Independence Day * Have a safe holiday
2013 Water Conservation/Restriction Program
At the June 11, 2013, City Council Meeting, the City Council adopted the following enforcement policy for those who violate the water use restrictions that have been put in place:
• First offense: Warning via a door hanger.
• Second offense: Pressurized irrigation service will be locked. Reconnection will require a $50 fee.
• Third and additional offense: Pressurized irrigation service will be locked. Reconnection will require a $200 fee.
- Water use restrictions will be in effect starting June 10, 2013, unless further notice is given.
- Residential Users: Use of irrigation water will be allowed three days per week. Odd numberd addresses will be allowed to water Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Even numberd addresses will be allowed to water Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. The time period for residential watering will be from 8 pm on the scheduled day until 8am the following day.
- City Parks and other Large Water Users (schools, churches, ect.): The City will coordinate a plan for irrigation of the parks/other facilities and with the other large water users. This plan will require watering during the day to balance the use in the system. Some parks may only get watered once per week.
- Agricultural Users: Alpine City is working with the Alpine Irrigation Company and the agricultural users to implement a water restriction program.
- The City is finalizing the details of an enforcement plan for those violating the water use restrictions.
Alpine City Municipal Election 2013
The following have filed for candidacy for Alpine City:
Mayor 4-year term
- Hastings, Kent
- Watkins, Don N.
- Willoughby, Hunt
Two (2) City Council seats 4-year term
- Adams, David R.
- Bennett, Roger E.
- Branscomb, Tim
- Gooch, Darren
- Stout, Troy
Quail Fire Report
The US Forest Service has released the official report on last summers Quail Fire. A full copy can be downloaded here.
We have renewed our contract with Ace Disposal so they will continue to pick up our garbage. We have been pleased with their service.