Alpine Youth Council
Applications for Youth City Council are accepted during February
All applications are due by February 28, 2013. Please mail or bring your completed applications to Chris Ballif 560 North 400 West, Alpine, UT 84004. After recieving your application, you will be notified of a time and date for an interview in addition to further meeting/service requirements/
During the year, the youth council meets every 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month for about an hour. In addition, there are also service projects and activities. Parent advisors are needed each year to help run the youth council.
Because so many youth want to participate, we have formed a second council called the Alpine Youth Service Committee. The AYSC meet only the 1st Thursday of each month. The councils are run seperately and have seperate meetings and activities. On occasion, we combine together (espicially during Alpine Days). If this is your first year to be on a council, you will most likely be placed on the Alpine Youth Service Committee.
Some past activities include:
- Responsible for displaying the flags along Main Street for flag holidays
- Activities with the residents of River Meadows Assisted Living
- Plant flower at the City Cemetery for Memorial Day
- Usher Alpine theatrical and musical productions
- Various Alpine Days activities such as the youth dance, water games and parade
- “Santa Comes to Alpine”, Story Haunt for Halloween
- Attend the Utah League of Cities and Towns conference in Salt Lake
- Attend the Youth City Council Leadership Institute at Utah State University
- Shadowing of Alpine City Council during meetings.
- Host Meet the Candidates night